Sunday, May 23, 2010

Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken

This recipe started because Harris Teeter had whole chickens on sale... I have roasted a couple of whole chickens in the oven but I decided I wanted to make one in the crockpot.

As I was prepping I realized that the recipe said to "de-skin" the chicken... DE-SKIN A CHICKEN!?!?! They must be crazy, this does not sound very pleasant. As I started to "de-skin" the chicken I was thinking to myself "wow this is the most disgusting thing I have ever done... this recipe better be PRETTY DURN GOOD if I am ever going to do this again!!!

Well... the recipe turned out GREAT and Andrew even went back for seconds AND ate it as leftovers the next day... therefore I will share it! Good luck with the "de-skinning!"

Prep Time:
15 Min
Cook Time:
8 Hrs
Ready In:
8 Hrs 15 Min
Ingredients
  • 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, skin removed
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 2 tablespoons minced garlic

Directions

  1. Remove skin from chicken, and empty inner cavity of contents within. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel, and place inside the slow cooker.
  2. In a bowl, stir together the chicken broth, soy sauce, olive oil, honey, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, sesame oil, and minced garlic. Pour mixture over chicken, and cover.
  3. Cook chicken on low setting for 8 hours, or 4 hours on high setting.
I served with White Rice and Carmalized Onion Green Beans (recipe to follow) :-)

1 comment:

  1. I recently made a quadrupled recipe in which I had to remove the skin from chicken.I won't be doing that again any time soon. How many pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts should I substitute? Also, would you cut it into pieces first or cook and then cut?

    ReplyDelete