Sunday, June 13, 2010

Lemon Garlic Sirloin Tips

I love watching the Food Network... I get so many ideas for recipes to make and the following recipe for Lemon Garlic Sirloin Tips is one I saw on Rachel Ray's show. I am not usually a fan of sautéing meat in the skillet because I think it comes out chewy but these turned out FABULOUS! I also learned what "deglazing" the pan means.... it means to get all the "good stuff" that has collected on the edges and bottom and mix it in with the sauce as you stir.

Ingredients

  • 2 pounds sirloin tips, trimmed and cubed into bite-sized pieces (I bought Sirloin Steaks and Cubed them myself)
  • 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 4 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, a couple of handfuls
  • 1 lemon, zested and juiced
  • 1/2 cup white vermouth or dry white wine ( I used Red Wine since that is what I had on hand)

Directions

Bring meat to room temperature and pat dry. Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in large, heavy skillet or cast iron skillet over medium-high to high heat. When the oil smokes, add the meat and caramelize before turning. Once evenly browned all over, about 5 minutes, season liberally with salt and pepper, add the garlic and toss with the meat for 2 minutes. Stir in the parsley and a little lemon zest and cook for another minute. Add the white vermouth and deglaze the pan. Turn off the heat, add the lemon juice and toss to coat. Transfer to a serving platter and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment