Thursday, October 27, 2011

Easy Steak in the CrockPot!

Harris Teeter had New York Strips on sale a couple weeks ago so I bought a pack and prepped them and then vacuum-packed them to save for a rainy day, or should I say... a day that I was working late and didn't feel like cooking! This recipe is SUPER easy and you can use it on any type of beef/steak.... ENJOY!

A-1 and Dijon Steak in the CrockPot

Ingredients:
  • Steak (I used (2) New York Strips)
  • 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
  • 2 Tablespoons A-1
  • 1/4 c. white wine (I used red wine bc thats what was opened!)
Method:
Combine Dijon Mustard & A-1 in bowl. Paint mixture onto all sides of each piece of meat.
At this point you can place meat in crockpot and add 1/4 c. wine and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours OR put the sauce-covered meet in a freezer bag or vacuum pack it, throw it in the freezer and take it out in a couple weeks when you need an easy dinner!

I vacuum-packed mine and when we were ready to eat it I just put it in the fridge the night before to defrost a bit, before work the next morning I threw it in the crockpot with the wine and came home to an amazing smelling house!

*If you use more than 2 steaks I would recommend making MORE of the sauce mixture to coat all sides.

Serve with Potatoes or Rice and Vegetable.




3 comments:

  1. Do you have any suggestions for a liquid other than wine? We never have it in the house.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try this recipe tonight. I would say try a low sodium beef broth in lieu of wine. But, (red) wine provides a flavorful taste for beef that the beef broth will not. Have a great one and good luck!

    ReplyDelete