Thursday, December 22, 2011

Molly's Slow Cooker Chicken

I have been trying hard to keep our freezer stocked with pre-assembled meals that are easy to make. I have decided I am not a huge fan of including vegetables in with my meat when I use the slow cooker because they end up all tasting the same... so I have been focusing on finding a sauce/marinade for the meat and then "day of" making rice or potatoes along with a vegetable to go with it. This is one of the many meals that is part of my freezer collection, and since Andrew has requested that I make it again... I figured I should share it!

Molly's Slow Cooker Chicken
  • (2-3) Chicken Breasts
  • 1/2 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce

Directions:

  1. Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a medium bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and tomato sauce. Pour sauce over chicken.
  2. Cover, and cook on Low heat 8 hours or High Heat 4 hours. (I like to do high heat for 4 hours)

** To do the "freezer method" I put the chicken breasts & sauce in a foodsaver bag (or ziploc bag) and froze. The night before I was going to make this I took it out of the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge. Place in slow cooker and follow instructions above #2.

4 comments: