Sunday, May 20, 2012

DELISH London Broil Marinade!

Harris Teeter had London Broils on sale B1G1 this week for the first time in I can't remember how long so I went ahead and bought 2.  One of them was 3 pounds so I cut it in half so we can eat it for 2 meals!!  Anyways... I whipped up a quick marinade with all my favorite marinade ingredients and I have to say it turned out REALLY GOOD so I must share...

I did not measure anything(sorry!)... so I am just going to estimate about how much I used of each thing for you =)

London Broil Marinade
*enough for (1) 2-3 pound piece of meat

Ingredients

  • (4) Garlic Cloves chopped
  • 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
  • 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
  • (3) Tablespoons Lemon Juice
  • 2-3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
  • (2) Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
  • (1.5) Tablespoons Soy Sauce
  • 1 Tsp Oregano
  • 1 Tsp Thyme
  • 1 Tsp Basil
  • Salt & Pepper (to taste)
Mix together all ingredients in small bowl.  Pour over London Broil in ziploc bag or foodsaver bag.  Marinate for at least 24 hours for best flavor.

You can either grill the meat (basting often with marinade) or you can Broil it in the oven-- I broiled mine on high WITH the marinade for 10 minutes on each side and it came out perfect.

*For those of you who love freezer cooking- go to the Teeter and buy a couple of London Broils and go ahead and marinate them and pop them in the freezer to pull out at a later time =)  Just double or triple the above recipe depending on how many you are doing.

*This is also amazing to bring to work for lunch leftover on a salad the next day!

Enjoy!
Melissa =)

4 comments:

  1. I love london broil. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this thank you thank you


    http://confessionsofasleepdeprivedmomma.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think this recipe would work well with the london broil and the marinade in a crock pot?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delish but I'm wondering about the calories and sodium content. Any idea?

    ReplyDelete