Saturday, September 8, 2012

Black Bean & Corn Salsa

I LOVE anything I can dip tortilla chips into!  Salsa, Bean Dip, Onion Dip,  ANY DIP!!  I wanted to make something new & refreshing for labor day weekend so I found a recipe this Black Bean Salsa recipe on Food Network that I adapted a bit!  Thanks Paula Dean for a "healthy" recipe with no butter.. haha!
The salsa was a hit so I wanted to share...

Black Bean Salsa
approximately 12 servings

Ingredients:

  • (2) 15 oz cans black beans, rinsed & drained
  • (1) 17 oz bag of sweet white frozen corn
  • (3) large tomatoes, seeded and diced
  • (1) small onion diced
  • 1/4 - 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves chopped
  • Juice from 1 whole lime
  • 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
  • salt & pepper
Method:
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl/container than can be covered.  Cover and chill overnight.  You can taste and add more lime juice, salt & pepper to your liking.  ENJOY!
*  I used my onion chopper for the onion & tomatoes and it helped make the prep process go faster!




1 comment:

  1. Any special tips from anyone on canning this? It would be nice to can and give as gifts at Holiday time.

    ReplyDelete