Saturday, February 1, 2014

Buffalo Chicken Dip (my way)

Buffalo Chicken Dip is a staple in the south for football parties I think!  Someone ALWAYS brings it!   The hubs says "I like the way you make it..." so he requested it not to long ago-- and I wrote down what I did so I wouldn't forget.

Buffalo Chicken Dip:
(makes approx 12 servings)

Ingredients:
  • 3 chicken breasts
  • (2) 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup Ranch Dressing
  • 1/2-3/4 bottle of Buffalo Wing Sauce (I usually use Texas Pete Brand) *hotness is your preference
  • 1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • Scoops (Tostitos)
  • Celery (optional)
Method:
  1. Preheat Oven to 400.   Wash & Trim Chicken Breasts.  Place chicken breasts in oven-safe dish with lid.   Cover chicken completely with water- cover and place in oven for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is done.
  2. Shred chicken with two forks.  Place in crock pot.
  3. Make sure cream cheese is soft (sometimes I will put in microwave (REMOVE FOIL WRAPPER) and get it really soft so it is easy to mix in).
  4. Add cream cheese, ranch dressing, cheddar cheese and buffalo wing sauce to crock pot and mix well.  At this point I usually "taste' how the mixture is on a chip to see if I need to add more of anything (usually wing sauce).  Keep adding wing sauce until the "taste" meets your approval-- I like a lot of wing sauce!
  5. Warm on high in slow cooker until hot & bubbly- stirring every so often. (approx 1.5-2 hours)
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment